The following guidelines have been developed to enable everyone to understand the procedure followed for Memorial/Funeral Services.
The first section of these guidelines is to provide a list of services that St. Mark’s Lutheran Church can offer in support of the family and friends of a person who has passed on to life eternal. Spiritual support for all of God’s people at the time of the loss of a friend or loved one is a vital part of our church’s mission.
We stand ready to provide the following services at the time of a death:
- The use of our church facilities to hold a Memorial/Funeral Service arranged by our Pastor in consultation with the family of the deceased. The church office phone number is (619) 427-5515 and Pastor Hovick’s is (619) 632-7709.
- Prepare and print a basic worship program for the Memorial/Funeral Service.
- The Funeral Coordinator, will contact and meet with the bereaved family. If the family desires, Jacobson Hall may be used to hold a gathering after the Memorial/Funeral Service. The family may cater food for a light meal.
- The Funeral Coordinator will assist the family in choosing hymns for the service and coordinating all other arrangements.
- If possible, the Pastor will notify the congregation of the death of a member and of arrangements for the Memorial Service at worship services and through use of the “Prayer Chain”.
- St. Mark’s will provide an organist /pianist for the Memorial Service.
7. An audio technician will be provided. Audio recordings of the Memorial/Funeral service may be available.
Worship Space $0
Funeral coordinator $100
Reception coordinator $100
Custodian $50 +$75.00 if Jacobson Hall is used for a reception
Audio/Visual Tech $100
It is customary that all fees be paid on or before the date of service.
Please make check payable to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church.