Special Events & Rental
Jacobson Hall is a beautiful venue. Suitable for large or small gatherings.
Facility Use Guidelines
_____ PROCESSING OF APPLICATION:
- Application for use of facility should be made at least three (3) weeks in advance of the date of the function.
- Application will not be accepted earlier than one (1) year prior to the event.
- The applicant whose name appears on the Hold Harmless Agreement will be held responsible for the group’s use.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age with valid photo identification and be present at the facility throughout the entire event.
- Fees will be assigned, and the requested date will be reserved upon receipt of the “Request for Facilities Use” and “Hold Harmless Agreement” forms.
Applicant is responsible for providing the church office with set-up instructions for tables and chairs. Clear aisles (no less than 48 inches wide) to all doors designated “exit” must be maintained at all times.
- A rental deposit of ½ the rental fees for usage must be received within 5 working days of the receipt of “Request for Facilities Use” form.
- The refundable cleaning/security deposit must also be received within 5 working days of the receipt of the Request form.
- The balance of all remaining fees is due five (5) business days prior to the event.
- All payments must be in cash or cashiers check made out to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church.
- All changes in facility use arrangements must be coordinated with the church office.
- St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Chula Vista requires a Hold Harmless Agreement. This document will need to be on file in the church office three (3) weeks prior to the event.
- The church is not liable for accidents, injuries, or loss of personal property in connection with any of its facilities.
_____ STATEMENT OF POLICY ON THE USE OF FACILITIES:
- The church and church sponsored activities shall have first priority.
- Community service organizations may then be considered, provided the group is involved in an endeavor consistent with the aims of the church and provide proof of 501-C status.
- Use of facilities shall be without conflict to the organizational life of the church.
____ FACILITY USE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- No smoking is allowed on church property.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on church property.
- The kitchen may be available for use by renting groups for additional fees.
- All caterers must have a San Diego County Health Permit.
- No equipment may be removed from the area.
- Music may not be audible for more than 50 feet outside the facility (CVMC2.55.185).
- In addition, all Disc jockeys (DJ’s) must possess a business license from the City of Chula Vista.
- Evenings: All electronic sound producing and /or amplifying equipment must be turned off and disconnected at 10:00 PM.
- The facility must be cleaned and completely vacated by one hour after the contracted rental time.
- The facility can be opened one hour prior to the contracted time for set-up.
_____SET-UP AND DECORATIONS
- Groups utilizing the facility are responsible for any damages due to decorations.
- The use of confetti, rice, etc. (for throwing) is prohibited.
At the end of an event, groups are responsible for the following:
- Cleaning of all equipment used.
- Cleaning of any counter areas used.
- Cleaning and wiping of all tables and chairs used.
- Cleaning of floor or carpet areas soiled or dampened (sweeping, mopping spills)
- Please use the trash cans provided or your own plastic bags. Please empty the trash cans at the end of the event.
- Removal of all supplies, personal articles, displays, decorations, etc.
- Any damages
Jacobson Hall and the Youth Room are available for groups using our facilities for overnight stays. Males and females will NOT sleep in the same room.
The ratio of adults (21 years or older) to youth will be as follows:
College Age: ONE adult for every TEN youths.
High School Age: ONE adult for every EIGHT youths.
Jr. High/Middle School: ONE adult for every SIX youths.
FEES FOR ST. MARK’S FACILITIES USE:
$400 for a minimum use of 4 hours + $100 additional for kitchen = $500 for 4 hours for both Hall & kitchen
$100 for each additional hour + $25/hour for kitchen = $125 for each additional hour
½ of rental fees and refundable security/cleaning deposit to be received within 5 working days of the receipt of the Request for Facilities Use.
Refundable Security/Cleaning deposit – $200
Use and gratuity to be determined by the Women of the ELCA Kitchen Committee. The Kitchen Committee has their own use policy for the kitchen.
Updated: September 6, 2018
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (ELCA)
580 Hilltop Drive – Chula Vista, CA 91910
Phone: 619-427-5515 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org